A year ago, CiviHR was just a blueprint. It was introduced to a wider audience at CiviCON 2013 (http://sf2013.civicrm.org/introducing-civihr) with a rationale, proposed functions, and timeline. It is a matter of great joy that at CiviCON 2014, we shall able to present a live demo of CiviHR to show how far it has come and what we plan to take up next.
For those of you who are new to CiviHR: Zing is collaborating with the Civi Core Team to produce a new Civi module called CiviHR, that would have functionality similar to HR management applications in use by small and medium size companies and charities.
The session would include:
1. Demo of CiviHR 1.2
- Employee records and directory
- Workflows for joining, probation and leaving
- Leave and absence recording
2. Presentation on the process adopted for gathering fundamental requirements and creating screens/workflows
3. Updates on the non-profit partners in UK and India who have committed to using CiviHR as it develops and provide user feedback
4. Updates on CiviHR 1.3 and other functions planned for the coming year